Murderer By Alexis Child


Who entered the door?
When I had the key?
I remember forgetting
Hands passing right through me,
 
Over my skin and closed throat
I was diminished of my own accord
The smell akin to fear, rotting leaves
Blow in through an open window,
 
The house was rotting
The lights stayed on while we slept,
A strange film like wax hung over me
In the collapse of the wreckage,
 
How little I understood
Like a black-and-white photograph
In the bloody aftermath,
 
You are gone
Key marks scratch the door jamb
The paper lamp sweeps the remains
Of what was obvious and what was lost
Night seeps through the window
As a warning in this bloody holocaust,
 
The final maelstrom covers the cursed night
Morning never arrives peacefully from the final fight
With soft red flesh as red soup again and again
Your cold eye stares at me through paper skin,
 
You died so young, oh so young
Why did I deserve to live?
My guilty confession unuttered?
 
I was always the invisible one
Walking like a spirit amongst others
They would hurt me just for fun
But no one expected me to become a cold-blooded MuRdErEr...

The murders started slowly
Each night, another would be gone
You could call this unholy
But when being a MuRdErEr, splatter doesn't matter...





Alexis Child hails from Toronto, Canada; home to dreams and nightmares. Besides having rare mystical experiences she hopes are not just short circuits in the brain, she offers Tarot Readings and writes dark poetry and fiction, starving in the garret with her muse. A starving child is a frightful sight. A starving vampire is even worse. Please donate non-perishable food items and B-negative blood (and make it a double!).

Alexis’ poetry and fiction has been featured in numerous online and print publications. Her debut poetry collection, Devil in the Clock, is available on Amazon. Her third collection of poetry, Exquisite Corpse, is set to be released in the future.

Please visit Alexis’ YouTube Channel: 


Comments